Job Title: Junior Designer
Reports to: Account Team Lead/Principal
Salary Range: 42k-52k
Assist the Project Manager on larger projects and perform solo on smaller projects with the interior design process through meeting with clients, producing.construction documents, tracking revisions, keeping meeting minutes, etc.
Professionally represent Planning Interiors, Inc. with the client and all outside team members, as well as communicate well with other planning Interiors, Inc. staff members.
- Assist Project Manager/Account Team Lead in working with and communicating with clients and other team members.
- Produce space plans, pricing documents, and construction documents using office standards.
- Coordinate other disciplines to complete a project to include furniture vendors and/or MEP Engineers.
- Attend client meetings with Project Manager and take meeting minutes.
- Handle projects on their own of 5,000 sq ft or less with supervision from Project Manager.
- Mastered field verification and as built condition documentation.
- Maintain accurate project records of time and 30% GP profitability or higher on each project.
- Assist Project Manager in developing functional and aesthetic design that the client desires within their budget or TI allowance.
- Knowledge of different finishes, appropriate use and their grades – carpet, wall covering, paint, resilient floor covering, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of building, life safety, BOMA, and ADA Codes.
- Understanding of other disciplines to complete a project (i.e. building standards, furniture, electrical, finish coordination, mechanical, architectural, structural, etc).
- Create a request for a contract and job number of all kinds for the Design Department as requested for new projects. Basic knowledge of fee scope and structure of services.
- Understand the program analysis and create a program analysis deliverable document in assisting the Project Manager. Able to create and conduct programming meeting or call for smaller project sizes.
- Manage a project under contract commitments by profitability, contract task outline, and client expectations.
- Create punch list at the completion of a project according to the contract agreement.
- Manage client’s expectations through communications and education of explaining the scope, time frame, and roles of all members in the project to include the client.
- Create presentation packages to include 1 or 2 shot renderings in Photoshop, AudoCAD, AI, or other 3D software. Create digital finish boards and present to clients.
Qualifications / Skills Needed
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in interior design or related field with minimum of 2-4 years of interior design experience required. Minimum of four years of interior design experience with Associate’s Degree.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2016 or higher, rendering software of choice.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks for timesheets, and Google Platform tools.
- Knowledge of rendering tools such as Revit, Sketchup, and Photoshop are considered beneficial.
- Requires knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts.
- Must know how to research code issues, interpret codes, apply codes, and run BOMA calculations.